- Do you get excited about complex data, unique visualisations and exploring data to find solutions to real world client problems?
- Do you want to work in cyber within a well respected scale up?
- Is working with high profile government clients and major players in the sovereign cyber industry thrilling to you?
Salary $120-$140k + super
FifthDomain is seeking a Business and Data Intelligence Specialist to help our high profile government and commercial clients gain data based insights on their cyber team’s strengths and opportunities for improvement.
FifthDomain is a young and ambitious Australian scale-up tackling the global cyber skills shortage. We create cutting-edge virtual learning environments that deliver hands-on training and competitions for cyber operators. Our technology platform delivers critical and up-to-date cyber security content and practical training exercises in a safe virtual environment.
Recent client feedback includes:
“Keep up the great work, it’s always an excellent engagement with Fifth Domain”
Why join our team?
We are proud of our people and our culture, and want to make sure anyone who joins the team will thrive. If the following benefits sound like somewhere you would like to work, get in touch!
- No cyber experience required, jump-start your career in the cyber industry
- Meaningful work which contributes to solving one of the biggest security challenges of our time – the global cyber skills shortage
- Diverse and inclusive team environment – come to work and be yourself
- Sunny office in Braddon with easy access to public transport and parking options
- Hybrid working option
- Fast paced, casual, flexible scale-up environment – we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
- Minimal bureaucracy and hierarchy – transparent leadership
Recent staff feedback includes:
“6 weeks in and I feel so welcomed”
“Just love this company and the people here”
FifthDomain is culturally and linguistically diverse. First Nations, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and neurodiverse applicants are always encouraged.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data and Business Intelligence Specialist who can translate our client’s business problems into analytics that our data scientists and engineering team can build upon.
You will work closely with both our clients and our SOC experts and Business Analysts to design insights and analytics gathered from user and customer requirements.
You will provide data collection requirements for our platform ensuring the data is in the format required to generate insights. You will also build prototype insights in Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight to report and test with our clients. You will also design explanatory reporting for each of the insights and general documentation for platform users.
You need to be able to gain and maintain a BASELINE clearance to be successful in this role.
- Translating cyber workforce skills and performance needs into analytics
- Designing data collection requirements, analysis and visualisation designs, and explanatory reporting
- Collaborating with Security Operation Center (SOC) experts, Business Analysts and Data and Software Engineers to understand workforce performance data requirements and our platform’s data collection requirements
- Building analytics in QuickSight, drawing upon multiple data sources, to client deadlines
- Create and deliver presentations to clients on developed analytics
- Identify trends and insight commentary of performance data to inform the business decisions
- Design and develop data models for insights and machine learning
Skills and experience:
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience. If you have some of these, but not all – that’s ok, we would still love to hear from you!
- Experience analysing complex data from various sources in different formats, identifying patterns and producing meaning insights from the data
- Experience using platforms such as Tableau, AWS Quicksight, Power BI; capability to translate data into visualisations and infographics
- Experience translating client requirements into data collection requirements, and explanatory reports of data visualisations
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills, as you will be working closely with clients and our teams to understand information requirements to ensure solutions meet all parties needs
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Ability to operate independently and identify business opportunities for data analytics
- Experience working with a Software Engineering team
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think on the move and work within dynamic timeframes
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Planning & Organising
- Adapting & Responding to Change
Tick some of these boxes but not all? We would still LOVE to hear from you!