About the role
Our partner network is seeking highly motivated, self-driven, technical junior analysts that want to start their career in high-performing Security Operations Centres. You will learn to protect data and other digital assets against advanced attackers from across the world.
You will combine your formal education, certifications, and on-the-job training to perform the initial investigation of potential threats and other security events. You will either identify false positives, resolve completely, or escalate, depending on the severity.
- Performing cyber risk assessment activities to identify sensitive data, assess vulnerabilities, and evaluate risks
- Performing cyber assurance tasks (including but not limited to hardening, vulnerability scanning, malware detection, and application security testing)
- Reporting on threat intel, metrics and publishing internal advisories
- Ensuring that technical deployments meet security policy, baselines, and standards
- Identifying opportunities for process and technical and overall security improvement
- A tertiary degree in software engineering or other relevant subject area, or equivalent competence (demonstrated through career experience and self-study)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Windows, and Unix operating systems.
- Working rights in Australia
What are the next steps?
Please complete the form below to register your interest and confirm your work entitlements. You will then be emailed an invitation to a web-based cyber skills assessment. The assessment takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
Once you complete your assessment, you will receive a copy of your results. If shortlisted, you will be contacted to arrange your first interview.